Translate

Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Videogame Review, Videocart #4- Spitfire for the Fairchild Channel F Videogame Console (w/ Knob Controller)



Videogame Review, Videocart #4- Spitfire for the Fairchild Channel F Videogame Console (w/ Knob Controller)


Same old, same old.  You control a plane to fight opponents.  Any questions?  The planes move a lot until conflict is realized between their elevators and degrees of control.  Red meets Blue and Blue meets Red- in fact, there’s something peculiar about joysticks I find funny.  Is it just me or does each joystick come with instructions you would’ve already guessed?  We’re like, “Yeah, yeah, yeah, sure.”  But how do we fire from a plane?  Ah!  Now THERE is something we can talk about.  Each plane fires while joysticks are plunged into location indicated by the triangle sign which acts as a “point-to” symbol related to joystick action if not just visionary focus, imagination before sensation, an opponent (computer or human) to become offended and perhaps an even greater offender than the previous offending team.  Let me tell readers something should they protest, “Do not use every excuse in your pocket to redeem one’s self against ongoing pressure.”  Seriously.  It’s a mistake for someone to launch at offenders due to persistent, nauseating wisdom.  Besides, when I’m flying my plane I don’t need to be bothered by opponents over relentless infinities in dispute.  Maybe I’ll be back… or not.  Maybe I’ll not be back… or will.  Shooting ammunition is a quiet task for the Fairchild.  Crashing planes?  Well, that’s another story.  Planes get regenerated again and again as long as the points are being counted between winner and loser.  Hold on a sec… you want me to write down more paragraphs?  Like homework?  Hey, I hate to burst your bubble mister, but I’m playing a videogame.  It’s not education and it’s not school.  I’m just here at my house enjoying the pleasure of playing a game on airplane conflict; the green tower, near the opposing planes will disappear out of sight as planes soar into the sky above.  You can exit one side of the TV screen and come out of the other.  At times I’ll remember “Sesame Street” and put on my Grover face- “Oh, no!  Why did I get shoot?”  Okay, okay, so Grover doesn’t use language like that.  So what?  I’M USING MY IMAGINATION!!!  My blue plane provides me with shooting power I can feel from the unique “knob” controller by plunging up and down on the stick.  We ought to feel great things about games by not only looking at the videogame itself but by also peering into our own imaginations.  Definitely a lot of justice is destroyed as Player L beats Player R and Player R beats Player L.  “L” stands for left controller; “R” stands for right controller. Dumb stuff happens.  Airplanes get to fly faster and more steadily until the turning gets out of hand; not only that, but Spitfire’s tendency to speed up or slow down makes the gameplay really magnificent in terms of surprise.  The Computer Player works well on the challenge after 40+ years from the cartridge’s box.  Fairchild cartridges look like 8-track cassette tapes from way back in the 70’s.  Funny how so many gamers these days rate their video games more than their imagination and I may quite question that judgement.  How could I listen to a reviewer who cared more about the videogame than his or her imagination?  Plane crashes are hilarious, too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment